Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WWE Superstars - My Thoughts

Alberto Del Rio – He is a main eventer because he is that talented. I worked with him, so I know. He is a lot better than most people give him credit for. He makes you hate him right? Then he is doing his job. Del Rio gets a lot of heat due to his wrestling style and his mic work. I love his wrestling style because it shows just because you’re a Mexican wrestler; you don’t have to be a high Flyer. You don’t always have to work well on the mic, trust me, it takes time. When I first came into the WWE, I sucked at talking to the crowd. That is why I avoided it as much as possible. He didn’t get the spot he is in because he “sucked” up to someone. It’s because he is that damn good and he worked for it. He has wrestled a lot longer than most people really think. He is a 11 year veteran of the Wrestling Ring.

Alex Riley – I think for as green as the guy is in the ring, he is doing well for himself. He got a huge push there for a while and it backed out a bit. He has much more time to improve. Honestly if they gave him the push people want him to have, I think he would have sunk. I think mentally he isn’t ready for such a push yet. I do see a bright future for this kid though.

Big Show – Big Show is getting the run he is because of Mark Henry. There is nothing more and nothing less than that. He is a veteran in the ring and is another “Big Guy” He is good for his size and I did love working with him. Show is a great guy and is a legend of the ring in his own right.

Christian – I honestly don’t think I need to talk too much about him cause unless you have lived under a rock the last few years then you should know. He is my best friend and I will always support him in the ring. He does deserve better as a Main eventer but his time will come. I am sure of that.

CM Punk – He is one of the most talented wrestlers in the WWE right now. Punk having the WWE Championship is a great choice and I know he has a very bright future. I do wish they push him more but he has plenty of time ahead of him.  I love his ring work and enjoy seeing him perform. He is the Best in the World!

Cody Rhodes- One of my personal favorites to watch in the ring. I love his in-ring work. I love him having the IC title and I wouldn’t be upset if he keeps the title for quite a few more months. I am glad the mask is gone but I watch smackdown for two people. 1. Christian and 2. Cody Rhodes. I enjoy his work so much that I have call him and talk to him and tell him what he could do better. I don’t do that with many people. I loved working with Cody outside of the ring.

Curt Hawkins- Curt is a talented guy and I wish he worked more on TV. He needs to come out and do something different. He is there because they do see something in him; it’s just going to take time to find out what it is. I do think one thing that hurts him is that he looks similar like me. I do wish him success and I hope to see it soon.

Daniel Bryan- He is one tough S.O.B. I wish I had gotten to work with him but I know he is going to have a very bright future. I love seeing him work and I do believe he will be a big money maker. Hell of a talent and I think it helps that he has HBK has one of his #1 fans lol. If you get trained by 3 of the best wrestlers to ever grace a ring. (HBK, Regal and Benoit) then I know you have a future.



David Otunga – People really rag on this guy because his girlfriend Jennifer Hudson. Just because she is a singer, how does that mean it’s granted that he has automatic success in wrestling? I really think people nit-pick on people and pick out their accomplishments from their personal lives and then rag on it because they don’t have the same. He is a talented young athlete and I wish the best for him. If he wasn’t talented, he wouldn’t be working for the WWE at this time.

Dolph ZIggler- I absolutely LOVE his ring work. I really look forward to seeing him work on Raw. I do feel he has better matches than many of the Main Eventers. I do think with in the first Quarter of 2012, he will be a Main eventer in WWE. I worked with him right before I had to retire and I had a blast. I loved working with him and man I had some fun. He is a great guy and great worker.

Drew McIntyre – When he first came to the WWE he was Vince’s “chosen one”. I think he is very talented I just wish he isn’t given the chances to show it. Not a lot of people watch WWE Superstars on WWE.COM.  Drew will be a big star given time. I do believe that. He is one of the future guys I see for the WWE.

Epico – I honestly can’t say much on this guy because I don’t know a lot about him.

Evan Bourne – Evan is so freaking talented. The reason he is kept down is due to how small he is. It doesn’t help that he is suspended right now. I do wish all success to Evan but I think he will be at least IC or US Champion in the future. His talent is worth World championships but I can’t say for sure that he will ever reach that. Do I wish it for him? YES!!!

Ezekiel Jackson – I think for his size and his talent he is good. He isn’t as good as people think he is. I am not saying he isn’t talented though. You have to be talented to be in the WWE or for people to even get behind you as a face or be against you as a heel. He is a former IC Champion and ECW Champion. He is a great guy personally. He is a huge guy and he reminds me a little of Brock Lesnar (Muscular wise)

Goldust – I always loved his work and I think it’s cool that the WWE has a chance to go with a brother vs brother at WrestleMania with him and Cody. He is doing a great job working with the Divas behind the scenes and Dustin is a great guy and has a great wrestling mind. He has been in wrestling for a LONG time and that is the main reason he is in the WWE.

Heath Slater – The One Man Rock Band…. I think its catchy. What really hurt him was his suspension. He has talent and he got pushed big with Nexus and Corre. I do think one thing that hurt him was breaking him and Gabriel up. I loved their Tag Team. I do think Gabriel will be the break out star but Heath has the talent to push himself a lot farther.

Hunico – I will need to see more on him but I do think he worked well as the New Sin Cara and I am glad he is on his own now. I do wish the best for him. He is very talented but the gimmick they gave to him has been done too much. He needs to break away and do something different.

Jack Swagger – Swagger is another guy who I enjoy watching. He is very talented and is a former World Champion but I felt was a bit to quick. He wasn’t given a choice by the audience and so they never really believed him as a champion. I do believe he will be a legit contender to the Championship.

The Uso Brothers – I do wish they were given more of a chance in the Tag team Division. I know they are trying to build the Division but if you want to build a Division, use a Tag team like the Uso’s. They are very talented kids and I do think if they continue, they will be a threat in the division.

Jinder Mahal – I don’t really have much of a opinion on him because I havnt really watched a lot of his stuff. I wasn’t really instrested in the Khali thing so I guess ill have to watch more on him.

John Cena – I will be the first to admit, he isn’t the greatest Wrestler. I think a lot of fans see that too, but he is one heck of a brawler and fighter. I enjoyed most of my matches with him. He is a good person. Cena is the face of the WWE and I do think in the perspective of the children and armed forces, rightfully so.

Johnny Curtis – I love this guy but for some reason after NXT you never saw him. I think recently he has been on Smackdown but I will have to wait and see more from this kid. He has a good look and is a talented guy. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he has.

JTG – To be honest I really like his style and talent…however I am surprised he is still in the WWE. If he is still here, there has to be a reason. I do think he could be a US Champion one day but I guess we will see. I did like Shad but I did like JTG in the ring a lot better.

Justin Gabriel – Now this kid has IT. He has talented, looks, skills and a lot more. I really love watching Justin and hope him the best in the future. To be honest, he reminds me of a Evan Bourne but a little different. They could really put on one hell of a match.

Kane- He is one of my best friends and he is just a great guy. His last reign as champion so deserved. I was so happy to see him given a somewhat lengthy reign. I loved being able to feud with him and it was an honor to work with him like I did. He doesn’t get the credit he really deserves.

Kevin Nash- I think its funny when people make fun of big Kev, he is talented. I love Big Kev. I really do, I was so happy that he came back to the WWE. If he wasn’t that big of a draw, then he wouldn’t have gotten the reception that he did at the Rumble last year. He is a heck of a guy and a heck of a athlete. Kevin is a legend in this business and should be a HOFer.

Kofi Kingston- Kofi does tend to get on my nerves at times but I think that is just how he is. He is so athletic and sometimes it amazes me. That kid can go and put on a great match and still make the other guys look better than they are. To be honest, I see a very bright future ahead of him.

Mark Henry – Mark defiantly is the greatest guy or the best wrestler. I am actually not that big of a fan of him personally or professionally. Although my opinions on the guy, I do think he deserves the World title he has right now. He is one of those guys who never complained and did what ever Vince wanted. He also never left the company when a lot of people did. He is one of the few who stayed loyal all these years and for that, I respect the hell of out him.

Mason Ryan- I do think he looks likes Batista lol but I do think he is talented. I just feel they rushed him into the spot he is in. I think he needs more time to really pick his spots and figure out how to have a good match. On the upside of that though, the only way to learn is to do it every day. So I wish luck to the kid.

Michael McGillicutty – I was so excited when Vince signed him. I do wish they would use his right name but I get why they want to use him in a different way. However, I do think he would have been an instant star if they had used the Mr. Perfect’s son persona. I cant wait to see how far this kids goes though.

Primo – I have always liked Primo and Carlito. I do hate Carlito is not there anymore. Primo is gifted in that ring and I think he shows it. However WWE can’t have everyone in the spot light so he has to wait for his turn. If he continues he could be a good heel in the WWE.

R-Truth – I have really enjoyed his latest run in the main event and I do think he is deserving. However I am very disappointed in him with his failed wellness policy result. I just hope this doesn’t derail him but if it does, he should really learn from that. I do think we will see good things come from him in the future.

Randy Orton – I LOVE his work!!! He really does remind me of a today’s version of Bret Hart. He has really started doing a lot of ground work and ik he has really worked hard on getting that in his routine. He has become a good technician. His in-ring is amazing! The fans have shown their approval too.

Rey Mysterio – I don’t think anyone could say something bad about rey. If you do, you need to re check your history and why you like Wrestling. The only way I would agree with someone against a guy like rey, is if you are so old school , that the only wrestling you like is mat wrestling.  In by that case, why are you watching WWE? Lol Rey is a talented SOB and I love watching and I loved working with him. One of my best matches against him was Royal rumble…I think 08. Either 08 or 09. I loved our match at Madison Square Garden and unfortunately I was the heel but got cheered. However you cant blame the Garden, they always speak their mind.

Santino Marella – I have always hated how he is the “joke guy” on the Raw roster. If anyone has ever watched some of the old stuff from Santino back in OVW and things like that. He Is a really talented guy and is very underrated. However, he is a very very funny guy and you can ask anyone that, however if you do, id ask Cena, since that is his best friend.

Sheamus – This guy is probably one of the fastest career start yet it was deserving. Sheamus is a hell of a athlete and I see him going very far in his career. I think he has really just gotten started and if pushed right, I could see him take Cena’s place as the white baby face (no that is not making fun of his skin lol)

Sin Cara – This kid is a talented  guy but I do think he is overrated a bit. I like him and his entrence. I enjoyed his Top rope finisher and I think he could be the next Mysterio but he will have to really start working on his American In-Ring work and learn to talk better English. I do like him but I do wish he would not botch so many moves. I do think he will get a lot better though. Given time, he could be a huge star.

Ted Dibiase jr. – I have to admit I enjoyed his work a lot more than cody’s at first. However I look at them the same. He could become a main eventer if given the right path. Ted has a great history in his blood and I do think he has a bright future. Hopefully his chances come very soon.

Great Khali – I have never been a big fan of his in-ring work but I don’t think a lot of people do. I do think he is a great guy and very funny actually. The only real reason he is on the roster is cause he is a big guy. Unfortunately he doesn’t have to background to back it up, and I rather him a monster than a good guy…”Khali kiss cam” Really? Really?

The Miz – One of my top 5 favorite Wrestlers right now. Miz is Awesome!! I enjoy his in-ring work, I love and I mean I LOVE his mic work. I think he can play a crowd as good as I could. I see a lot of myself in him and I hope his future is even brighter than it already is. This kid has “it” so to speak and im looking forward to see what greatness he does capture cause he has come a long way to the top.

Trent Barreta- I honestly haven’t seen a lot of stuff on him so I can’t really give a opinion on him. If you want one that bad, ask Curt Hawkins lol

Triple H – This is the person who credited this blog so to speak. I think he is one of the greatest In-Ring performers of my time and I still enjoy his matches. Working with Triple h was a unbelievable feat. His success DID NOT COME FROM STEPHANIE!!! I don’t know how clear I can get. I don’t get why people think this is why. Its cause he is a talented SOB. When I retired, it was gratifying that he came out and hugged me. You all have no idea how much that such a small act made me feel. I kind of felt that the company was thanking me a whole. He is still a good friend of mine and I Thank Triple H for a lot of things in my career.

Tyler Reks –I think this guy could be a monster in the ring if used right. Unfortunately the only way you get to see him is on NXT or Superstars. I do like him and I do think if used right, he will have a bright future. He just needs to take the ball and run with it.

Tyson Kidd – It pains me that he doesn’t get more of a push. Hell id become his manager if they would. I love Tyson and I do think he could be a huge character. They have so much History just in his family. They could use and run with it however they have dropped the ball with him. I just hope they get their act straight and use the kid. One of the biggest mistakes was breaking up the Hart Dynasty.

Undertaker – Do I really need to even attempt to right on him? If you want to know what I think of him, read my blog about him J

Wade Barrett – This guy is the future of this business. I don’t really have a lot of stuff to say yet on him other than go with it man. Take the ball and go with it. He has a lot of support and he really has the talent. He is a future World champion in my opinion.

William Regal – I absolutely love this guy’s work. He has so much freaking talent but unfortunately was never given a huge push. I do think he is worthy of a World champion but unless it comes soon, it’s a shame he will never be able to hold that title.  I think he will go down in history as one of the greatest to never hold a World Championship. Hell of a Wrestler and Hell of a human Being.

Yoshi Tatsu – When he first came in the WWE and in his debut used one kick to the head to beat Shelton Benjamin. I was like wow, they might use this kid good. He is kind of in the Evan Bourne spot. Very very Talented however not really used a lot. I think he is on NXT and Superstars a lot. Hopefully a lot of stuff changes but I do think he could be IC or US Champion one day.

Zack Ryder – This is kind of fitting that he is the last of this list because he has become a huge name. I love Zack and I love his YouTube show. He is as big and popular because he took his career in his own hands. Which is why Myself, John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold, CM Punk, and etc. Has really taken a liking to this kid and really has gotten on his band wagon. It takes balls to do this because Vince doesn’t like it. If Vince doesn’t make you, then you’re no one in his mind. So it takes balls to do this and in the end Vince does like him. So Congrats kid!

3 comments:

  1. the fact that you said david otunga was talented voids your entire argument..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "inside perspective". And totally agree with you on most of them :). I think the Miz is an amazing talent...love to hate him! LOL Actually met him at Comic-Con & he was so nice & funny with my kids...I became a fan...how could I not? He made a memory for my kids they will never forget. But having said that I still want to ring his neck most Monday nights LOL. He's just that good! Cena I love! But I wish they'd change it up a bit...he usually wins, but only after being beat up on for most of the match & then he suddenly get his second wind, does a heroic comeback & wins the match. That's okay sometimes...but for every match??? I would love to see him actually dominate a match for once! The match between Punk & Ziggler the other night was amazing...the back & forth..loved it! Would like to see Cena have a great match like that.

    Thanks for your time, effort & perspective again. Love reading your thoughts!

    Shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog. It was very honest and quite insightful!

    ReplyDelete