Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Top 20 Favorite Wrestlers 8/2/11

This is my personal favorite list of wrestlers. I enjoyed writing this and i hope that all of you will enjoy reading it. I would really like for all of you to give me a short list of your favorite wrestlers in the comment box. It doesn't have to be old wrestlers, its who you grew up watching of course. Here is the List....




#20 - Rowdy Roddy Piper - I am a talking kind of guy- just in case all of you didn't notice. Lol. I liked to talk on the microphone. I spent a lot of time studying Rowdy Roddy Piper. He was amazing on the microphone. If you wanted to learn how to work a crowd, all you needed to do was listen to him. One of my all time favorites for sure.



# 19 - “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase - The Million Dollar gimmick was probably the best that I’ve ever seen. It is still going strong and it's catchy. Ted is a talented wrestler and he really made watching wrestling enjoyable. He showed its not all about the skill of wrestling but that it's also about the fans.




# 18 - Andre “The Giant” - No one could match Andre.. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre at WM 3 was one of the all time greatest matches. This man was truly something special. To bad I never got the opportunity to actually wrestle him. Then, again, I don’t know if I would have wanted to. Lol. I think that he might have torn me to shreds!



# 17 - "Macho Man" Randy Savage - OOOHHH Yeah! He is the one who brought a new Flash to this business. I loved his In Ring work and Loved his Promos! “Snap Into a Slim Jim”



# 16- Arn Anderson- Double A….One of the greats. If you wanted to have a great match you went to Arn. He was fantastic in the ring but he was also great at giving you advice on how to have a great match. Hands- Down one of the greatest to step in the squared circle.


#15 - Goldberg - He wasn’t one of the most talented wrestlers but he sure had a lot of heart and intensity. Goldberg made fans stand up and cheer when you heard his music. He made a huge impact in this business .I really enjoyed watching him in action. At the end of WCW, Bill Goldberg was the one to beat!

Bill Goldberg

# 14 - Jake “The Snake” Roberts -If Jake's snake didn't scare you, then his closing move, the DDT definitely would! If it wasn’t for him there would have not been the Impaler DDT that I used. His matches were over the top and always got you intrigued.



# 13- Chris Benoit - Regardless of what happened on that fateful day in 2007, I still respect the wrestler, Chris Benoit. He was one of my best friends and was always there for me. If Chris hadn’t helped me through my neck surgery, I might not have ever been a World Champion. Chris' in ring skills were far from none. He was so talented. I tried to imitate his ring work after he passed away. Christian tries to continue using his moves, usually the head butt off the top rope.



#12 - “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig - Perfection -Gone much to soon and did not achieve the greatness that he could have. I am really looking forward to seeing great things from his Son.



# 11- Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat - One of the most fluent, yet Aggressive , wrestlers who I have ever seen. He is amazing in the ring. I can watch Ricky's matches all day long. He was one of my all time favorite wrestler.



# 10- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Another guy who I loved to hear on the microphone. Dwayne was so electrifying that when he spoke, even if you didn't like him, you still shut your mouth and had to listen. Dwayne had that way about him - He had the whole package- great wrestling skills, and a strong wrestling foundation that was passed onto him from his father and grandfather.



# 9 - Owen Hart - Not only was Owen one of the best wrestlers of his time, he was one of the funniest. I miss him and his jokes. He really made wrestling fun and made you enjoy what you were doing every single day. Owen is truly missed. He was one of the guys you wish that had achieved everything that you knew he had within him. Yet you can only dream what could have been. One of my favorite matches was Bret vs. Owen at Wrestlemania!

Owen Hart

# 8- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin - This guy is one of my favorites because of how he carries himself backstage and in front of the fans. You can’t make people believe your the best if you don’t believe it first. He proved that and really took Wrestling to a new level. One of the best ever in this business!


# 7 - Ric Flair - Ric has done it all. Honestly, if there wasn't a Ric Flair I don't think that we would of had a Shawn Michaels. One of the Great Innovators of his Generation.

RIC FLAIR

# 6 - Eddie Guerrero - This one is hard to explain. Eddie and I had a very special friendship. Wrestling ability ..Untouchable....He could make a crowd love him and then a minute later hate him. Eddie was just one of those people. He had a way of talking and making you listen. Gone WAY to soon. I truly miss him every single day. Eddie was one of my best friends. I still love and miss that man. I think of him often.


# 5 - Triple H - You can say what you want when it comes to who he is married to but he wasn’t given anything in this business. He worked his ass off to become the" Mega Star" that he is . There is a reason he is called the Cerebral Assassin. The Game is one of a kind. He learned his craft from Shawn Michaels, Killer Kowalski and Arn Anderson. This helped him to became one of the best in this profession!

Triple H

# 4 - Bret “Hitman” Hart - Wrestling Wise - Hands down the best in the World. He was the Best there Was, The Best there Is and The best there ever will be....Not many can measure up to Bret “Hitman” Hart.



# 3 - Undertaker -Everyone says good things about the Undertaker. One of my personal favorite matches was against him. He is most definitely in a league of his own. I don’t know how to explain it. He is a Phenomenon!

Undertaker

# 2 - Hulk Hogan- Hulk was larger than life in his time. He was the reason i got into Wrestling. I am still a fan of his and always will be. I remember when i got to team with him and actually won the Tag Team Titles with him. It was so surreal. He is a Legend and Hands down One of my Favorites.



# 1 - "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels" - I was so happy and honored that I could be there for his induction. I think that Shawn is the best all around wrestler who I have ever seen!  From the way he moved in the ring, to the way that he spoke on the microphone, Shawn had everyone hooked as soon as his “sexy boy” theme hit the air-waves. I had some good matches with him but hands- down the best match I have ever seen was the Shawn Michaels/Undertaker Wrestlemania I Match. Their Second match was great but it just didn’t quite top the first. Shawn will always be the "Showstopper" and "Mr. Wrestlemania." I am just glad that I can stop calling him a future Hall of Famer and say "Mr. Hall of Fame". Shawn had an incredible career and I owe so much to him. Thank You Shawn!

Shawn Michaels


And with that, I am done! Thanks so much for reading...I had a blast writing this.

Adam Copeland


~If you all have any Ideas on what other kinds of Lists you want me to make, post them down below~

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is your best blog yet! I loved reading the list of your favorite 20 wrestlers. I really liked how you included wrestlers from all different time periods on your list. Maybe next time you could write about your favorite 20 tag teams?? Can't wait to read your next blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..there are so many greats in this list and I love your choices and reasons why u chose each one! I know that there is someone missing from this list that would most certainly be at the top of my list and that is Edge! Not to suck up, but u belong on this list and are a future hall of famer yourself and will forever be one of my very favorite superstars of all time and one of the best in ring I have ever watched perform! As for ur number one, he is the number one on my list too..no one can touch Shawn Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your list i was amazed to see who all you picked and why.i agree with amy there is one person missing from the list...EDGE. EDGE was good and had the best mic and in ring work. i also see EDGE becoming a hall of famer also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list. BTW, my son use to wrestle Rick Flair's son in NJ when he was at Blair Academy.

    ~Barney

    Everything Strength
    IronBearFitness

    ReplyDelete