Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Aftermath of The Royal Rumble 2012 - Who is the one?

Hey guys and gals, it's about an hour or so after the rumble being over and i figured id go ahead and write this. This wasn't the best Rumble ever, but it wasn't the worse either i dont think. I think the main thing was it was missing star power. I expected more from the Rumble Match itself but it just seemed lackster to me. It wasn't terriable though. So i am gonna get on to talkin about the matches. There was two added matches so i guessed at those as i was watching, turns out i was right lol. Here we go!

We are Officially On the road to Wrestlemania! 63 Days Until Miami Florida.....


Match 1:

Daniel Bryan (C) Vs Big Show Vs Mark Henry
Cage Match:

Daniel Bryan retained his World Championship and i thought it was a decent match. You can't really have a 5 star match when you are facing two giants like that. You work with what you go and Daniel did just that. I liked the end with Daniel Hanging on by Big Show's hand. Very good showing of strength and thought they did a good job selling (Mark Henry i heard was injured). Congrats on another Win for Daniel Bryan.



My Pick: Daniel Bryan

1-0

Match 2:

8 -Woman Tag Team Match:

Beth Phoenix, Natalya & The Bella Twins def. Eve, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox & Tamina

Was a predictable match i thought and got all of the girls on PPV which works for me. I did like the matching outfits on the heels. Thought they did good and glad Beth got the pin. It was a much needed.

 

My Pick: Beth and Company

2-0

Match 3:

John Cena Vs Kane

I am ok with a countout for both guys. To be honest, i think it was very smart. Both guys really didnt need to go over and it kept the story going. I think the end was a little to much but that is me. They had a decent Match and it kept me entertained.



My Pick: Kane

2-1

Match 4:

Brodus Clay Vs Drew McIntyre

I honesty hate the way they are using Drew. WIth that being said, i cant say i love the way they are using Brodus either. I was expecting a Monster Heel from him, a BIG Let down to say the least. This was a squash match and not much to say about it.



My Pick: Brodus Clay

3-1

Match 5:

CM Punk (C) Vs Dolph Ziggler

I thought they put on a hell of a match. It wasn't a 5 star match, which i think they can put on...but it was decent. I think the focus was way to much on Johnny that it took away from the match itself. I knew the Ref was gonna get bumped, and i liked how they did a bunch of the spots. I for saw Punk winning but wasn't sure how he was going to win, nice to see a pinfall victory.




My Pick: CM Punk

4-1

Match 6:

The Royal Rumble Match:

30 Men, 1 Dream - Wrestlemania Main Event in Miami

The two men who started was Miz and Alex Riley. I was ok with that, shocked me that A-Ry was in at two but good for Miz as a rival. I didn't understand R-Truth being in at number 3. Since they had Miz in it for 40 mins, they could have had him come in later. WIth a match on Raw to determine who was going to be at number 1, would it have been that bad to be number 3 too? I am not writing this stuff though, Thank god! lol

I am  not sure how i feel about 7-8 Suprise Entries because they have plenty of WWE Superstars. I felt they could have used guys like, Tyler Reks - Tyson Kidd- Curt Hawkins - Yoshi Tatsu - William Regal - Mason Ryan - Ted Dibiase  amung otherrs. I was happy with a few of them but did they really need the announcers? Come on guys. I wasn't to upset with Jerry The King Lawler, or even Booker T, but Michael Cole? Really? i have to say i loved Ricardo being in there, I thought it was great and the fans were actually chanting his name...maybe a future superstar? idk, i guess we will wait and see. Also i so loved  - Mr. Socko vs The Cobra ...Omg i loved that. Great stuff!

The Suprise Entries was: Jerry "The King" Lawler Ricardo, Booker T, Michael Cole, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, The Great Khali, Kharma (Great Re-Debut btw, i loved it), and Road Dogg ( Which i loved as well, the fans loved it just as much)

To me it was lackster cause there wasnt alot of "major" stars in the rumble this year. You had...

Miz, Cody Rhodes, and Mick Foley...until you got to the end of the Rumble and you got...Sheamus, Barrett, with Orton at number 28 and Chris Jericho at 29. Was disappointed at seeing Big Show at number 30. I was also disappointed that there was no Christian. I have not been in Tampa so i hadn't talked to him. I was guessing just like you guys. I have to admit though, I marked out when Jericho threw Orton over. I was in complete shock when Sheamus Kicked Jericho off the apron. I couldn't believe it...Sheamus Won the Royal Rumble. It was a shocker and it was nice to be shocked like that.



Winner: Sheamus

4-2

Not to bad of a record to start the new year off. However i am intrested in watching tomorrow night to see what is in store for Mr. Johnny....So make sure you tune in.



Well let me know what you thought of the Rumble PPV! Tell me what you liked and disliked. I will see  you guys for the Elimination Chamber in Febuary.

Thanks as always!

~Adam~

No comments:

Post a Comment