Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top 20 - Who is going to be Mr. 2012?

I really feel there is a couple Wrestlers who is going to move up big time in the main event. If they are in the main event, I see more things coming from them. A few are former World Champions already but I don’t feel they have shown all of their potential or they haven’t given the full opportunity. This is a Top 20 Countdown of my picks, you may not agree with me which is fine. If you do agree/disagree, please tell me your thoughts on the subject.



20. Sin Cara


                Sin Cara was ready for a huge push when he got injured. His Suspension and his injury right after really put a damp on their plans for him. I do see them trying at least one more time with him when he returns. I think the guy is a talented wrestler but is just having a hard time changing his style from a full Mexican wrestling style to a Mexican/American Style. I think working with Rey Mysterio will really help him out a lot which I think they have plans of going into Mania if both can be healed in time.

19. Drew McIntyre  


                I hate to see him jobbing out every week but hopefully 2012 can be a turnaround for him. I don’t see him going anywhere but I could be wrong of course. He is a hell of a wrestler and I think he is so talented. I want to see more from Drew and he could be a World Champion if used right.

18.  Jack Swagger


                They really dropped the ball with Swagger and he is one hell of a Mat Wrestler. I really enjoy watching him in the ring. Giving him the United States Title can really put him back on the map so to speak. I can see him getting a big push in 2012 and I think he deserves it. I think pairing him up with Vickie and Dolph is going him a lot of good.

17. Tyler Reks

                They had really pushed this kid then out of nowhere stopped. Which made no since to me at all. They sent him to NXT with Hawkins and made them a tag team. I see them bringing the pair up as a Team to Smackdown/Raw soon and hopefully it works out. He is a talented Dude and I want to see him Succeed. He could defiantly be a main singles star but they need Tag teams bad so it works for me for right now.

16. R-Truth


                R-Truth really brought his character to life with the “little Jimmy” thing and It was/is very entertaining. Him coming back as a face yet he is still kinda a heel really works for me. I loved Miz/Truth as Awesome Truth and I wish they hadn’t broke them up, I thought they should have just had a injury angle and pushed Miz as a guy who really needed Truth back because it was only 30 days. Instead they had Miz turn on him. I guess it works but at this point of needing Major Tag Teams, I think they went the wrong direction. Truth will be a main eventer soon though.

15. Ted Dibiase

                They seem to really push the kid then stop out of nowhere. Then they push him again but then stop again, so hopefully this new push will work. I like him being a face and they can really do it a big storyline with Cody but I don’t know how they will go about that. I know he is getting a semi push right now so hopefully it continues.

14. Curt Hawkins


                This kid has had it hard in the WWE, He found success early with Zack Ryder but then they broke them up (which I did not agree with) and you felt Curt would succeed while Zack would be released. Which almost happened, The Zack made his Youtube Channel and boom Curt is being given tag team, after tag team, after tag team. While zack makes it big. I do feel he will get his shot. He has been on raw/smackdown more this year than last year put together and it’s still January (at the end of it lol) If I have to I may call up and tell them to give him a shot, but I do feel the kid is talented and deserves more of a chance.

13. Justin Gabriel             


                This kid is starting to get a push on Smackdown and rightfully so. Justin is a hell of an athlete. I like him facing Cody Rhodes on Smackdown to show how well they mesh up. They have been so good and I want to see more. I think Justin can be the next IC Champion if given the chance. I want to see this kid succeed and I look for it to happen this year.

12. Ezekiel Jackson


                This guy is a huge muscle guy and I think the time for guys like this has pasted in the WWE. However I think having guys like this helps the evolution of the WWE in a different way. It’s gotten to be a small guy’s sport in a way and I think bringing in a few muscle guys doesn’t hurt the product. You have guys like Mark Henry and Big Show and then you have guys like Zeke and Mason Ryan. I think it gives a different outlook on the matches at hand. So I see him getting a renewed push this year.

11. Kane


                I love the new Look and I think it will revamp the character Kane. He is one of my best friends and I just want him to succeed. He is one of the few that has really changed the landscape of the WWE but really hasn’t gotten credit for it. He is a great guy and has a great mind for this business. I think with the New Look (YES GUYS ITS REALLY GLEN JACOBS! I PROMISE lol I Get asked that daily pretty much) and even a few new moves and going straight at John Cena when he returned, will really give him a year to remember.  

10. The Miz


                Last year the WWE had big plans for Miz, was even discussed to change him face. However they decided to really try and make a new Tag Team Division so he got stuck with R-Truth and they did the Awesome – Truth gimmick which was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it and I really felt they were going to get the push they needed to get over as a Tag Team, especially after defeating CM Punk and Triple H in a tag match on PPV. However R-Truth getting a suspension and being beat by Cena/Rock really put a damp on things and now Miz is back in the shuffle of main event/Mid card status. I really think The miz will get a new push in the coming months and 2012 will be his year.

9. Kofi Kingston


                I feel bad for Kofi because he is so talented but I don’t see him as a World Champion, however that might change with his tag team partner not around right now. (Which I will not go into right now) Kofi gets to be in the Elimination Chamber for the WWE title which I don’t see winning but I can see him really proving he deserves to be there. He will show the fans, he can be more than a mid-card status wrestler.  If they go with it, 2012 could be his year.

8. Zack Ryder


                I am not sure why he was being pushed so big and then buried so quickly. Hopefully it’s nothing bad and they pick it back up soon. If they are pushing a Broken back angle, he might be out for a few months or so. If they pick it back up when he returns, he could really be IC or US Champion again. I would love for him to tag back up with Curt but they obviously have other plans. I do hope 2012 will pick back up for Zack. Woo Woo Woo You Know it! (Couldn’t resist lol)

7. Mason Ryan


                I am not completely sure on how I feel about him, He is talented but I think they pushed him way to soon and to fast. They feel they need more muscle guys which I am fine with. It gives a different spectrum in the WWE. I think they will try and give him another try and push him, which I see probably after Wrestlemania.

6. Chris Jericho


                Now I know he is a big name, but being out for over a year and a half, I felt I should put him on the list. The reason he isn’t farther up in the list (Which he should be) I felt since he is already assumed a big push which also if you watched Raw last night, it’s started… I felt the younger guys should be closer to #1. I just felt he should be on the list, because he will be given a hell of a push and I am excited to see where it goes.

5. Wade Barrett


                Now I love to watch this guy. He is going to be a future World Champion. Mark My Words… I’ve loved his matches with Randy Orton and he is really going to have a great year in 2012. I felt his elimination by Orton in the Rumble was to easy and really downgraded Barrett’s Rumble Appearance but he will bounce back from that. I am a huge fan of Barrett and I just can’t wait to see more from this guy.

4. Christian


                The reason he is on this list is because I felt the only reason he became Champion was because of me. I think 2012 will be his year to shine on his own. I truly believe he will become World Champion again and I can’t wait for it. Captain Charisma will make 2012 his year!

3. Sheamus


                Well I think his year has already started off with a bang huh…. 2012 Royal Rumble Winner. Congrats to him by the way. I really see 2012 being a Year of Sheamus. I think him winning the Rumble really just takes all my words because now it’s just a given.

2. Cody Rhodes


                The IC Champion…Son of Dusty Rhodes….He will be WWE/World Champion either by the end of the year or early 2013. He is going to elevate his game and become a huge name in the Main event. He is a hell of a wrestler and he is one of the few that I actually tune into watch. I love watching Cody Work and I see him being a huge name soon. He has really brought back Prestige to the IC championship. Which was really needed.

1. Dolph Ziggler


                Dolph Ziggler….The Show off, the Heel, the “You should top that” kid…I love it!!! I loved working with Dolph; he is a hell of an athlete. I am surprised it took this long for them to push this kid. I would love for him to use him as “Money in the Bank” Winner and push him that way. This guy has really had great matches with Punk and his match with Orton a few months ago as well as last night were awesome. Vickie Guerrero has really pushed him to new heights. He is going to be the Guy of 2012! I can’t wait to watch and see how this year turns out.





Thank you all for reading and hopefully you enjoyed it. Please put in ur voice and tell me what you think. I do enjoy reading your comments. If you can not post on here for some reason, please comment threw Facebook. Thanks so much for Reading!

~Adam~

2 comments:

  1. I really love your choices and would love to see lots of these guys get there spot to shine in 2012. Your top 5 is head on and I agree on all of them shining and being big main eventers in 2012. I want to see Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, and Curt Hawkins be used better and get a chance to display their skills, talent, and shine how I believe they should. Love the new Kane look and storyline. He looks in wonderful physical shape and is so talented. I also love Barrett's skills and character..so much talent. I love to hate on Dolph's character bc he plays the part so well, much like you did as a heel..but he has amazing talent and is fun to watch. Sheamus never disappoints me in the ring! Hope he gets some major spotlights this year. Christian is beyond talented and I want to see him with the title again in the main event on his own. I loved him winning and thought it was overdue, but I wanted everyone to realize he truly is talented and deserves that spot on his own. Hoping for great things for him this year. Jericho is just awesome! The guy just shines no matter what he does. Looking forward to his next year with the company. Great blog and love the choices. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and knowledge with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never seen Justin Gabriel without his beard, where is that pic from lol?

    ReplyDelete