Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Royal Rumble 2012 - Who is the One?






2012 Royal Rumble Predictions

Yes, it is officially my favorite time of year. The road to WrestleMania officially begins with tonight’s 2012 Royal Rumble. I know that the Rumble should be filled with plenty of surprises and I am really looking forward to watching it. Here are some of my picks for this evening’s matches:


C.M. Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler with John Laurenaitus as a guest referee

Winner:C.M.Punk

As you all know, C.M. Punk and John Laurenaitus are not the best of friends. Laurenaitus has taken every opportunity to make Punk’s life a living hell. With the help of Laurenaitus, Ziggler has beaten Punk four times and even stole Punk’s title twice. It is obvious to me that Punk has a score to settle with Ziggler and Laurenaitus. I also have a strong feeling that Laurenaitus will be feeling the GTS. Also,Triple HHH will be evaluating Laurenaitus’ job performance Monday night on RAW. So it seems to me that Punk will win this match, retain his championship and that John Laurenaitus will be looking for a new job.




Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry

Winner:Daniel Bryan

This match should be pretty interesting. Both Mark Henry and Big Show are getting their rematches against Bryan at the same time in a cage match. Mark Henry is working through an injury so I don’t see him getting the belt. I also think that people are a bit tired of watching Henry and Show battle for the title. So, Bryan seems to be the logical choice to win this match. He has done a great job with his heel turn. Although Bryan can’t match the strength of Show or Henry, he is effective on the mic and can more than hold his own with both men. I think we will see Bryan leaving the cage victorious tonight and continuing his reign as champion.




Kane vs.John Cena

Winner:Kane

Since Kane has returned to action, he has continued to get the best of Cena time and again. I like how the story line has evolved and enjoyed Zack Ryder’s and Eve’s involvement in it. I think Kane has made Cena’s stale character kind of come alive again. Maybe Cena will “embrace the hate” and do a heel turn? Ultimately, I don’t know. If this does happen, it probably won’t be until after WrestleMania. I do look for The Red Monster to get the best of Cena again tonight and for their feud to continue until the Rock returns again.



Royal Rumble

Winner:Chris Jericho

There is so much talent entered in this year’s Rumble. The Miz, Wade, Sheamus, Cody, Dolph, are just a few of the 30 superstars who will be participating in this year’s event. And for the first time, everyone is allowed to participate in the Rumble, including champions.

It really seems to me that Jericho’s return to the WWE makes him the odds on favorite to win this event. With a victory tonight, Jericho could catapult himself as the number one contender to Punk’s belt and set up a match between the two of them for WrestleMania. I am also thinking that since the Rumble is always full of surprises, there could be a chance that we might see some surprise entrants. Perhaps, Captain Charisma could return to action and steal the show? Or we might even see a WWE legend or two returning to the ring. I guess we will all have to tune in tonight and find out.

I hope that you enjoyed reading my predictions for this year’s Royal Rumble. Feel free to comment and let me know your picks and thoughts about the Rumble. Also, I will be writing a follow up blog to share my thoughts with you about the results of the Rumble.                                         

                               ~ADAM~

1 comment:

  1. I have my last 5 in the rumble as Jericho, Orton, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, and CM PUNK. I agree with all of your predictions and I do believe Jericho will win the rumble tonight and go on to face Punk at Mania. I do see Christian returning tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete