Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Aftermath of Elimination Chamber 2012

Hello Edgeheads,

Here are my thoughts on the Elimation Chamber PPV. Hopefully you enjoy the blog.


Here we go!


Raw Elimination Chamber Match: WWE Title

The two to start the match off was WWE Champion CM Punk and Kofi Kingston. I totally agreed with the start with these two superstars. I thought they did a great job to start the ppv and even did a little grapple wrestling and some mat wrestling. Some great Chain Wrestling to start it off. Of course most people will remember Kofi Messing up but heck, we are human beings. We can’t be perfect all the time. I really enjoyed this PPV and the only thing I have to complain about is the fact the best match on the card started the ppv off. Usually I wouldn’t be upset about this but the fact that it started off well, continued to go well and then the main event just ruined the whole ppv. I loved how they played off Jericho and CM Punk. If you guys are confused why they did the Jericho being knocked out angle…its because they don’t want Jericho to loose yet. If you have noticed he has only had a handful of matches back…3 of them have been battle Royals/Chamber matches. It’s ok to lose those. Being thrown out of the ring is completely different than to be Pinned or Submit. They did this so he would not be pinned or submit. It was either this angle or have Chris Jericho Walk out of Milwaukee as WWE Champion. I kind of wished that would have happened but I am more than happy to see Punk walk into Mania with the title.


Winner of the match: Still WWE Champion – CM Punk

My Pick was: CM Punk

My Record: 1-0


Tamina Vs Beth Phoenix (Diva’s Champion)  

This match did what I thought it was supposed to do. This match was to make Tamina look like a contender but still keep the title on Beth. Pushing Tamina to soon could backfire and I agree with how they did it. They made her look so strong in this match. She dominated in a way, of course Beth Retained and it was a very good match. Congrats to both women and I am so proud of them. I am one of the few before I retired who spent their time to help the Diva’s. There was maybe 2-3 people who backstage would even watch the Diva’s Matches and I was one of them. I think John Cena and Goldust does that now but I remember sitting by myself watching these matches and when they come to the back I would always give feedback. I know Eve really took it upon herself to thank me for that. It’s nice to know there are Women who WANT to create a good match.


Winner: Still Diva’s Champion – Beth Phoenix

My Pick: Beth Phoenix

My record: 2-0

They had a segment in the ring. The only reason I am mentioning this segment is because Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio and my best friend Christian returned to do this segment. That is about all I will say about this segment.

 

Smackdown Elimination Chamber (World Title Match)

I was very happy with how this chamber match went about. I am glad Khali got out of there fast and to be honest I called the ending. I knew Santino would be the last guy with D-Bryan and tap out. With with fans so behind him, I felt that was the right move. I was happy with how the match went about with Barrett, Cody, and D-Bryan. I did enjoy the Big Show spot by breaking the chains and going in with D-Bryan…to be honest though, I was waiting for him to get stuck and as soon as he got in. D-Bryan would be released. I would have laughed so hard. It was a good Chamber match with some good spots though. Good win for Daniel Bryan.. I am proud to see him headline WrestleMania.


Winner: Still World Champion –Daniel Bryan

My Pick: Daniel Bryan

My Record: 3-0

Jack Swagger Vs Justin Gabriel (US Title Match)

I called this match which this was a impromptu match on the card. I am not very happy when they do this but I was ok with it. I don’t see how Jack Swagger not being on Raw, made him deserve to be on the PPV and for that matter, the match before the Main Event but I digress. I called Swagger to retain (Justin winning would have put both titles on Smackdown which I did not see happening) It wasn’t something I really want to talk about because even though Justin looked good, it wasn’t that great of a match. They should have not made it a Title match and have Justin fly around and win to get the fans up for the next match…because it sure needed it.


Winner: and Still US Champion – Jack Swagger

My Pick: Jack Swagger

My Record: 4-0



John Cena Vs Kane (Ambulance Match)

This match was boring. I seriously just wanted to go to sleep. I felt the selling was bad, the whole match had too much “Setting up” than just going with the flow. Heck, when Kane was dragging Cena, and the announcers were saying, “Cena is out, Cena is out” U clearly saw Cena use his own foot and push himself out of the ring. I thought to myself, OMG. John didn’t lift his foot up and so when Kane was trying to push him in the wheel chair, that didn’t work cause cena’s foot kept blocking the wheel. So they had to improvise once again. I just felt everything was off and was pretty boring. To be honest the two spots that was good, we have saw before. Cena took WAY TO LONG setting up the NOT Attitude Adjustment threw the Announce table; instead he should have got the Attitude Adjustment and had to overcome the odds of trying to get Kane to the ambulance. Instead, Kane got the choke slam and all of a sudden Cena gets put in the Ambulance but the “overcome hero” Put his foot out at the last min and saved his chances. Instead of an Attitude Adjustment threw the Ambulance, we saw him AA him off the ambulance in which I (idk if you guys saw it) some foam pop up. Which I think took away from that bump. That sure aggravated me as well. I just felt it was very bad and for a main event, before WrestleMania, was very poorly done.


Winner: John Cena

My Pick: John Cena

My Record: 5-0

Since I have retired I have not picked a 100% ppv. However I don’t know if I want to give myself credit for that because it was very predictable. I will try and do a WrestleMania Predictions in a few weeks. Below here I will add the Matches that have already been announced. Thanks so much for reading and leave your thoughts on how you felt the Elimination Chamber PPV was.

 

Thanks for Reading,

Adam

3 comments:

  1. I think the Raw E.C. should have went last, and hopefully the we seen the last of the Kane/Cena angle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog, I always love hearing your thoughts because you see this from a different perspective than us fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam, great thoughts!

    Was really disappointed in so many things that went down at the EC.

    To begin with, I think we should have had a Tag Title match between Epico & Primo (C) with Rosa vs Jimmy & Jey Uso to start the show off.
    I think both these teams are quite talented and I miss the days of tag teams so bad.
    I reall reading somewhere that with Triple H in charge of a lot of things now, that he, or others in the WWE, were interested in making tag team wrestling relevant again. So far, not really.

    ANYways... I don't believe the WWE RAW EC should have been first up and , frankly, we were quite surprised with that decision.

    But speaking of the RAW E.C., I really enjoyed this match.
    I was disappointed that Chris Jericho didn't end up pinning CM Punk for the title.
    I really don't know why they went with this direction.
    Jericho could have carried the WWE title into WM and defended against Punk, bcuz I'm pretty sure Punk will be winning that match, seeing that Jericho is leaving shortly after 'Mania to return to the road, touring with Fozzy. Oh well.
    I love CM Punk so, I'm ok with Punk still being WWE Champion.

    Tamina Vs Beth Phoenix (Diva’s Champion)... I called this one as well, Adam. It would be bad for Tamina to beat Beth in her first title match. I was hoping to see some shine from Tamina and, while she did well against the Glamazon, I knew that the Divas champion would retain.

    While I believe the whole John Laranaitis announcement was a collossal waste of time, it Was nice to see Christian return.

    ProWrestling.net head, Jason Powell, posted online that he could see a 6-Man tag match at WM with 3 of Laranaitis's guys vs 3 of Teddy Long's guys to determine who would become the permanent general manager of both RAW & SD. I like that idea. I can Totally see that.
    While I would like to see Teddy win that, it's probably best that the general manager be a guy that people just don't care about. Having a Heel manager makes things more interesting, right?

    Smackdown Elimination Chamber (World Title Match)... I called Daniel Bryan retaining here. I was impressed with what Santino was able to do and, it wasn't all sillyness. He did really good and, my God, the crowd was SO behind him! It was incredible!

    Jack Swagger Vs Justin Gabriel (US Title Match)... Oh my God. Another waste of time! And this was brought together by a really stupid cheese skit with Hornswoggle (who I can't stand) and Nattie farting again! I mean, wth is up with the whole farting gimmick?!? Don't they know what they have in Natalya Neidhart? They could have had the Divas of Doom split and working against each other headed into 'Mania for a Great Divas title match! UGH! The WWE pisses me off so much, so often!
    About the match though... I had no reason to believe that Justin Gabriel (who I am a fan of) was going to defeat U.S. champion Jack Swagger.
    And c'mon WWE! How 'bout a little reality here! Backstage or, wherever the hell they were at, Jack and Justin SHOULD have been in Street Clothes! Not dressed in their wrestling gear!

    And then there was the awful, boring John Cena Vs Kane (Ambulance Match)... I was really hoping to see Cena lose here. As I said in your prediction blog comments, Adam, I don't think it would have hurt Cena to lose here. Not at all. Kane should have won SOMEthing against Super-Cena! Terrible!
    And the fact that he gave Kane the AA off the top of the ambulance into a pile of foam NEXT to the ambulance and not THROUGH the top of the ambulance... Come on man! Lame, Cena/WWE. Lame.

    Despite the ppv not being all that great, we had a great time watching it.
    One of our best friends that we have not seen in So long, came over and watched the show with us and, we really enjoyed the time together, watching the Elimination Chamber.

    ReplyDelete