Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My top 10 Masked WWE Wrestlers

This Blog is MY top 10 Masked WWE Wrestlers. The Criteria for this blog is just that, WWE Wrestlers. I did not put NJPW, TNA, NWA, SMW, WCW, AWA or any other Promotion. Yes, some of them on the list has wrestled for other promotions but this list is compiled for just WWE Tenure.


Here we go:


#10 Sin Cara




I know he is new in the WWE and that’s why he is #10. I just feel he has a hell of a career ahead of him. He can wrestle but I just think the reason he hasn’t done as well so far is because he is having a hard time mixing the Mexican style with the Americanized Style. I think it will work out for him and he will continue to grow as a performer in this WWE Industry.

#9 The Patriot
I felt I needed to put him on here cause he has had a long and impressive career and when he came in, it was at the time that WWE (America) needed this. With Bret Hart thing really took off and that alone made me put him on this list.
#8 Mr. America
We didn’t see much of him but I thought it was a cool idea. Different enough to put on this list. I just loved the program and I guess that’s all I will say. Lol

#7 Ultimo Dragon
He didn’t do much in the WWE but as a worldwide wrestler he was phenomenal. I personally enjoyed his tenure in the WWE and I just felt I needed to put him on this list

#6 The Hurricane
I enjoyed the Hurricane as a performer but honestly I think he became more famous and accomplished when he took the mask off. Shane Helms is a hell of an athlete and still one of my good friends. He was the longest reigning Cruiserweight Champion and I loved that time in the WWE.

#5 Blue Blazer

I always liked the gimmick and Owen was one of the best talents the WWE and the Wrestling world has ever seen. One of my personal favorites to watch and joke around with backstage. He is missed by wrestlers and fans alike. In Honor of Owen and since he passed as the Gimmick, That is why he is at #5. R.I.P. Owen

#4 Vader
Vader had a great career in the WWE and he was one of my favorite Wrestlers. He defiantly brought a different side of big men to the WWE. I always liked Vader and still watch some of his matches to this day.  
#3 Kane




Most defiantly the most dominant Masked Wrestler the WWE has ever seen.  One of my best friends and one hell of a career in the WWE. Since he has come back, I have loved his new mask and I think since it’s been since 2003 since he had the mask, I think it’s different and means something again.

#2 Mankind




Mankind was an odd character but one of the best in the 90’s. Mick Foley is so good and he really gave the fans their money’s worth. Heck of a talent….I mean who else can pull of 4 personas? My Favorite two matches (Tied for me) with Mankind was….Mankind Vs Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match and Mankind Vs Shawn Michaels for the WWE/F Championship in 1996 at In Your House PPV.

#1 Rey Mysterio Jr.




Hands down the best Masked Wrestler the WWE ever had. He is the most talented/Fan favorite/accomplished Mexican/Masked Wrestler to ever perform for the WWE. He is a former Royal Rumble Winner (lasted longer than anyone else ever has) He is a former WWE and World Champion, Tag Team Champion, Cruiserweight Champion, IC Champion among other things. He brings the pride from the Mexican Community yet has the American fans just as prideful for him. Rey is hand’s down the greatest Masked Wrestler in the History of the World Wrestling Entertainment.



Thanks so much for reading and like always comment on who you think should be #1 or if you agree, let me know that too. I think my next Top 10 Blog will be about The greatest Face Painted Wrestlers in the WWE. Have a wonderful Weekend Edgeheads! Until Next Time...

Edge

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely agree with your top 3. Those would be my choices as well and in the same order. Great blog and I look forward to seeing who your top 10 Painted Wrestlers are.

    ReplyDelete